Sunday, May 13, 2007

night owl

Hosted by SuprFile.com

I am a night owl. Always have been. I'm trying to go to sleep earlier and wake up earlier, like normal working people do, but I just can't do it (it might have something to do with the fact that I am not a normal or working person). Even if I force myself to wake up early, and I am tired all throughout the day, after the sun goes down, I am full of energy to go do something. Unfortunately, practically nothing is open late (except for bars, but who wants to spend all their nights in a bar?) in the US; in Taipei, I could still go out to the night market and pick up some snacks or shop for CDs, DVDs, clothes, and other shit I don't need, and I wouldn't be the only one! But what usually ends up happening (if i don't go out to a bar...) is I try to get to sleep at a decent hour, but it doesn't work, so I read. I read until my eyes get blurry and I am actually tired, and then I go to sleep. Of course, when I do get to sleep, I don't end up sleeping as much as I think I ought to, and so I am tired again for the next day... until the night comes, and I am ready to go. The reason this bothers me a little, is I almost wish I was more of a morning person. Whenever I accomplish something in the morning, I really feel like I've used my time well. If I get what I want done by noon, then I have the entire rest of the day to do something else. Bah, I don't know. Perhaps, I will just have to go back to accepting my night-owl-hood, and get things done at night like I have been doing since I was little. (Did I mention that I think I think better at night too? Though you couldn't really tell by this rambling mess.)

No comments: